Five sex scandals that rocked the sports world
1) Quarterback Brett Favre was one of the most respected players in the NFL during his Green Bay Packers stint. Favre retired a respected player at the end of the 2007 season after a milestone season. Unfortunately, he decided to come back to the league the next year. After a few years, and declining skill, Favre met a former Playboy model and decided she would love dirty texts and a video of him masturbating while wearing only Crocs. Sexy. He got off relatively easy with only fines and no suspension.
But now two massage therapists who say Favre sexually harassed them, and the NFL fined him $50,000 last week for refusing to co-operate with an investigation into naughty text messages he sent to Jets Gameday host Jenn Sterger.
2) From the outside, golf seems to be an extremely boring sport. On TV the athletes are all well dressed and extremely polite, perhaps Tiger Woods most of all. If any of these golfers were likely to be involved in a scandal, it would more likely be John Daly. He loves his alcohol and gambling and even has a drink named after him. But the true bad boy of golf turned out to be Woods. He was married to a model, had two sweet kids and seemed to be living an ideal life.
Secretly, (or maybe not so secretly), Woods was having sex with dozens of women on the side. He was finally busted in February 2010, and his life exploded with a new woman coming forward every week. He lost his wife, his endorsements and a whole lot of golf in the 2010 season.
3) Back in 2005, the Vikings were having terrible luck with the loss of Randy Moss and an injury to star quarterback Dante Culpepper. With a weak 2 – 5 start, could it get any worse? Oh ya.
The players, lead by Culpepper, made sure that this poor start to the season would never be remembered. Flying in prostitutes from different parts of the U.S., the team launched a boat in which they had an orgy. Four players were charged with misdemeanors in relation to the party. They finished the season with a strong 9 – 7 record, but no one will remember that either.
4) Michael Vick – It seemed like enough when Vick was charged with dog fighting, and spent 21 months in prison, filed bankruptcy. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the end for this star athlete. Shortly after the charges, one of Vick’s former girlfriends, Sonya Elliott, said he infected her with herpes. Elliott said Vick was aware of his illness, as he’d been tested for it under the alias Ron Mexico. But the public is fickle. Vick is back with the Philadelphia Eagles, playing well, and seems to have forgotten his past mistakes.
5) The U.S. isn’t the only country to produce sleezeball athletes. Across the pond, professional footballer Wayne Rooney cheated on his childhood sweetheart, and even added insult to injury by doing the dirty deed when she was five months pregnant with his child.
Rooney went the Vikings route, and hired his lady friend. Unlike the Vikings, he had to pay for it simply because he’s just that ugly.